Thursday, April 21, 2011

The moon

Several nights ago I went into my backyard for the first time in a very long time to look at the stars.  It was surprisingly warm for an early spring night.  The sky was cloudy, but you could see stars peeking through and the full moon was bright.  As I stared at the moon it became brighter and brighter, glowing through the cloudy night.  I felt an instant sense of ease, as if Silas was illuminating the moon for me telling me he was okay and that he loved me.  This morning the moon was bright again, not ready to depart and make room for the sun.  Again, I felt like it was Silas’s way of saying hello, “Good morning mommy, I love you.  You’re going to be okay.”  I feel okay today, I haven’t felt that for some time now.  How I miss my precious boy!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are having a peaceful day today. Some women never feel peace or struggle for years and years. You will have ups and downs, of course, but I am so glad to hear that you are having a good day today and simply embracing it for what it is. xo

    ReplyDelete